The traditional Dawn Service will be the only service held in Beaudesert this ANZAC Day. The ANZAC Dawn Service will commence at the cenotaph on the corner of Brisbane and William Streets at 4.20am.
Beaudesert RSL Sub Branch President, Carol Castles said the Service will be subject to changing COVID restrictions, however at this stage members of the Beaudesert High School band and local community choir, A-Choired Taste will be part of the service. “John Fisher will recite a poem, which he does every year, we will also have a member of our Indigenous community play a didgeridoo and the cadets will be in attendance,” she said. “People are welcome to come and lay a wreath if they wish – they need to provide their wreath and everyone is asked to adhere to social distancing and to wear masks if this is mandated at the time.”
Where to Find ANZAC services
BEAUDESERT – at the Cenotaph. 4.20 am – Dawn Service.
• HARRISVILLE – at Memorial Park. 5.00 am – Dawn Service. 10.30 am – March Commences. 11.00 am – Service.
• KOORALBYN – at Kooralbyn Memorial. 5.30am – Dawn Ceremony. • 10.00am – March and Service.
• MAROON – at Maroon Monument. 2.00pm – Service.
• RATHDOWNEY – at the Rathdowney Memorial. • 8.00amMarch and Commemoration Service.
• PEAK CROSSING – at the War Memorial. 5.00am – Dawn Ceremony.
• MT ALFORD STATE SCHOOL 4.20am – Dawn Ceremony at the Memorial.